Iza Legal Services helps is customers obtain all types of Colombian visas, including visas for foreigners who want reside in Colombia permanently, or want to remain in Colombia for over 180 days. Iza Legal Services offers a personalized service that helps customers through the process of obtaining the “cedula de extranjería” Our services include:

  • Official translations
  • Apostilles
  • Legalization
  • Package to stamp Passport in Bogotá and avoid traveling
  • Legal assistance and guidance

Do you need a visa?

By Resolution 5477 of 2022. The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs organized in 3 types of visa the temporary or permanently stay of foreigners in Colombia.

Type R (Resident): The Residence visa now is only for accumulated time with a Migrant visa over 5 years. The permanency with a Tourist or Visitor Visa is not counted for this type of visa.
Type M (Migrant): For Foreigners who wish to enter the country for longer than 180 days to:

  • Study Visa (For programs superior to 6 months)
  • Work Visa (As an employee in a colombian company)
  • Retirement Visa.
  • Medical procedure (For over 6 months treatment)
  • Corporate Visa (Shares Investment)
  • Investing in a property (For over 350 minimum colombian wage)
  • Marriage visa (with a colombian national)

*This visa is for up to 1 – 3 years. The term is at the discretion of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Type V (Visitor): The new Type V visa can be granted for the following different activities:

  • Tourism
  • Business
  • Training
  • Medial consultation
  • Administrative and/or judicial proceedings
  • Events or conference
  • Internship
  • Journalistic coverage
  • And more activities that doesn’t require the foreigner to stay longer than 180 days.